Basic advantages of sea freight shipments are comparatively low delivery costs, good transportation capacity and wide geography. Among disadvantages we can mention dependence on weather and navigation conditions and low speed of transportation.
Almost all types of cargoes can be delivered by sea:
- standard cargoes
- oversized and heavy cargoes
- bulk cargoes
- dangerous cargoes
- refrigerated cargoes
Sea shipping can be divided into two types – tramp and liner. For tramp shipments there are neither fixed schedules, nor fixed routes. Rates and terms of shipments are a subject of agreement between the ship owner and the charterer. Any freight transaction is fixed in a charter-party.
Liner shipping is arranged according to the tariffs fixed by the carrier and under the previously agreed schedule. Bill of Lading confirms the agreement between the client and the carrier. It is a document of title. A major part of liner shipping cargoes is transported in containers.
LOGUS OFFERS ITS CLIENTS:
- FCL (Full Container Load)
- LCL (Less than full Container Load)
- sea freight shipments in special types of containers – High Cube, Open Top, Refrigerator, Flat Rack, Tank container
- bulk cargo transportation in flexitank containers (special soft and tight tanks installed into 20’DCs)
- bulk cargo transportation in dry liners (which can be installed into 20’DC and 40’DC)
- Ro-Ro service (Roll on-Roll off)
- cargo storage in ports
- cargo re-loading and lashing
- cargo consolidation
- packing, labeling, bulk breaking cargo weighing
- “cross dock” operations (re-loading from one transport means into another, for example, re-loading from a container into a truck)
- customs brokerage in ports (export, import, transit)