Combined transportations are carried out with consecutive use of several types of transport. They can be divided into intermodal (with sea transport prevailing) and multimodal (with equal use of different types of transportations) shipments.
Combining the advantages of different types of transport gives maximum effect when delivering the cargo “from door to door”. This is the only way of transportation suitable for intercontinental shipments. Such shipments need accurate preparation and well coordinated actions of all parties involved.
Combined shipments offer quite speedy cargo delivery, competitive prices, cargo safety and possibility to arrange the delivery under one transport document.
LOGUS OFFERS ITS CLIENTS:
- working out optimal transportation route
- coordination of shipment terms with shippers and consignees
- long-term agreements with first-class carriers
- loading/unloading services
- cargo insurance, survey agent services
- paper work, customs brokerage
- rates calculations
- cargo tracking
- FIATA Bill of Lading issuance
LOGUS has a right to issue FIATA documents including Negotiable FIATA Multimodal transport Bill of Lading. Issued by a Freight Forwarder it has the same functions as a Bill of Lading issued by the Carrier and is accepted by banks for payments under letter of credit.
FIATA BL has the following advantages for Cargo owners:
- it is the only document for the entire shipment irrespective of the number of transport types involved
- the Freight Forwarder issuing FIATA BL takes responsibility for arranging the entire transportation
- FIATA BL is a document of title. It is approved by ICC and has its emblem on its blank which is the best proof of this document’s recognition by international trade organizations
- the correct use of FIATA BLs is controlled by national associations of freight forwarders
- according to UCP 500 bank accept such transport document where the Freight Forwarder is stated as a Carrier or a combined shipment operator. According to FIATA BL terms the freight Forwarder issuing this Bill functions as a combined shipment operator